Improve Your Capabilities as a Professional
The Value Maximizers training classes are consistently led by Scrum.org expert Professional Scrum Trainers™ (PSTs) to foster experiential learning though instruction, exercises, group activities, real-world examples and discussion, all based on the Professional Product Leadership Competency Model. Our training materials are created and maintained by The Value Maximizers and associated Scrum.org and PST community members who teach the courses, helping to ensure that they are in tune with what’s happening in organizations and always up-to-date with the latest practices. The Value Maximizers has trained over 10,000 students around the globe.
Learn More About Our Trainings
Professional Scrum Trainers
Professional Scrum Trainers bring their own style and experience to the courses, but use the same materials so that students are learning from the same content regardless of who teaches the course or where it is taught around the world. The result is a tremendously mature and capable set of training materials combined with Scrum experts who work together to realize our shared mission of helping people and teams solve complex problems.
Certification and Assessments
Each Scrum.org class includes a free attempt at the corresponding certification assessment. In your Professional Scrum class, you will learn the importance of inspection, adaptation, and fast feedback cycles. To reinforce those concepts, if you take a Scrum.org class and attempt the certification assessment within 14 days and do not score at least 85%, you will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
The assessments are decoupled from the classes and delivered in an electronic form. The decoupling of assessments from training not only ensures an objective measurement for the student, it also allows students to be assessed on their incoming knowledge and experience, and allows Scrum.org to gather feedback to fine tune training materials and their delivery.
What Makes Scrum.org and The Value Maximizers Training Classes Different?
- Consistent - Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) bring their own style and experiences with a consistent delivery of Scrum.org training around the world, so you know each course we teach is aligned with Scrum, and all of your teammates are learning from the same message.
- Global - Scrum.org 330+ Professional Scrum Trainers are spread globally around the world.
- Quality - Scrum.org PSTs are a select group of Scrum experts who go through an extensive set of peer reviews, testing, training, and interviews prior to being accepted as a PST. Each individual PST must be certified and licensed to teach Scrum.org training. All trainers do more than teach, they spend time on Scrum Teams so that they bring experience to their teaching and understand how to deal with situations in the real-world.
- Experienced - Professional Scrum Trainers bring current agile practices and real-world Scrum experience to the classroom, as PSTs spend a significant amount of their time working on projects. All PSTs must stay up-to-date through annual face-to-face trainer meetings and support of the community.
- Innovative - All training materials are collaboratively maintained and improved by our community of Scrum experts and our founder Ken Schwaber, the co-creator of Scrum.
- Certification - All training classes come with the globally recognized Professional Scrum assessment attempt.
- Focused - Scrum.org training classes focus on delivering value and all exercises are designed around how a Scrum Team works to deliver value.
- Forever - Professional Scrum certifications are yours for life with no renewal costs to retain them.
- Competency Model Based - Each of the Scrum.org courses and broader role-based learning areas are based on a validated and proven competency model. Each competency has a set of Focus Areas that are used to drive an individuals learning and course material creation. View the competencies.
- Our Course Steward Model - Each Scrum.org course is assigned 2 stewards. The steward is ultimately responsible for collecting input on the course materials, both those that exist and potentially additions to be made, review that input with the community along with Ken Schwaber and provide updates as required.
Each course is stored in GitHub, allowing version control, feedback mechanisms, distribution and much more, not unlike the code that Scrum Teams deliver for their products. Through GitHub capabilities, a PST can submit feedback on a course materials, its delivery content, speaker notes, exercises and much more. With PSTs around the world teaching the materials, that provides a fantastic number of people to provide excellent feedback to improve the content and quality of the courseware.