Mastering the Product Owner Stances
This 2-day Professional Product Owner - Advanced (PSPO-A) course focuses on helping experienced practitioners expand their ability to establish a solid vision, validate their hypotheses, and ultimately deliver more value to their stakeholders. The PSPO-A course is intended for Product Owners who are looking to grow their knowledge and abilities.
The course goes beyond the topics explored in the Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) class by deepening the attendee's understanding of the role through the exploration of the many stances of a professional Product Owner. This course is an interactive, experiential workshop where attendees explore topics through a series of exercises and discussions. Students should have at least one year of Product Owner experience and a practical knowledge of Scrum in order to participate in and benefit from these exercises. Having previously taken the PSPO class is recommended, but not required.
The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Product Owner II certification exam (PSPO II).
What You Will Learn
The Product Owner's role is multifaceted, requiring the practitioner to engage in behaviors and adopt mindsets beyond the core of Agility and the Scrum Framework. This course surfaces these behaviors by challenging the student to adopt several different Product Owner stances:
- Customer Representative - focused on understanding customer problems, challenges and potential opportunities
- Visionary - communicating the vision, future state and possibilities in ways that foster common understanding
- Experimenter - focusing on innovation, hypothesis testing and validating potential value to spark product innovation
- Influencer - communicating with and influencing stakeholders, customers and the Scrum Team to act with common purpose
- Collaborator - seeking input, ideas and feedback from others
- Decision Maker - focusing on creating maximum impact by making clear choices and decisions
Over the 2 days, students will learn about areas critical to growing as a successful Product Owner and through a series of exercises combined with instruction, students gain a better understanding of what it means to deliver value and how to express that value inside and outside of the organization.
Professional Scrum Product Owner - Advanced
- Product Code: PSPO-A
- Availability: 1
- Ex Tax: €1,235.54